Cancelling a Hala rideWe understand that situations change. Sometimes you’re not ready yet, or you just might want to stay a little longer somewhere. Regardless of the reason, if you no longer need a ride, you can cancel it. However, in some scenarios, cancellation fees may apply to compensate the Captains for their time.
Here’s all you need to know about Hala’s cancellation policy:
When do cancellation fees apply?
- After booking a ride, you may cancel within 2 minutes without being charged a cancellation fee.
- If you choose to cancel after 2 minutes of booking, and before the Captain has arrived at your pickup location, the cancellation fee will be the minimum fare of AED 12.
- If you choose to cancel after the Captain has arrived, the cancellation fee will be the minimum fare (AED 12) plus any waiting charge (AED 0.50/minute).
- If you select/enter a wrong pick up location and the Captain arrives to that point, a cancellation fee will apply.
- If the Captain has been waiting for 10 minutes upon arrival, the ride can be released. In that case, the customer will be charged a cancellation fee.
- If a Captain asks you to cancel the ride for any reason, you can reach out to us through chat support to take action accordingly.
- To ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience, our Captains are advised not to contact customers upon arrival. All Hala customers have the option to track their ride, and Captain, in real time through the app, and are always notified once their Captain arrives.