Hala is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
”) describes the privacy practices adopted by RTA Careem LLC (“Hala
”). It describes the personal information that is collected from you and how it will be processed and stored when you book a Hala (Dubai Taxi), Hala (RAKTA Taxi), Hala – Van Taxi or Hala – People of Determination Taxi through the Careem mobile application, the Careem website or our call centre, as well as when you provide driving services using any of the above-mentioned car types, or when you contact our customer care centre, fill in forms on our website, which can be found at https://www.halaride.com
, or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise (collectively, the “Hala Services
- Scope and Application
”); and (ii) drivers, including applicant drivers and partner transportation companies that provide driving services to Hala (collectively “Captains
Please note that all Users are asked to represent that they are at least 18 years old. No personal information from children under the age of 18 is knowingly collected, kept or maintained through the Hala Services.
Information You Provide to Hala
- Collection of Information
Hala collects information you provide when you book a Hala (Dubai Taxi), Hala (RAKTA Taxi), Hala – Van Taxi or Hala – People of Determination Taxi on the Careem Platform or through our call centre (“Hala Trip
”), contact the customer care centre or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, profile picture and other information which we reasonably require or that you choose to provide.
Information Hala Collects Through Your Use or Provision of the Hala Services
Hala will also collect, store and process certain personal information about you when use or provide the Hala Services, Hala collects personal information (ie: information could be used to contact you directly such as full name, postal address, telephone number, email address, Emirates Identity Card Number) (“Personal Information
Hala may also collect demographic information (ie: information that you submit or that Hala collects) that is not Personal Information; this may include, but is not limited to, gender, age/date of birth, taxi meter identification number, taxi meter key, taxi side number, taxi plate number, taxi roof colour, GPS location, device information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), information about your visit to our website, including how much time you spent on our website, many pages visited on our website and your browser type (“Demographic Information
” and together with Personal Information, “Personal Data
Information Collected From Other Sources
To provide you with the Hala Services, Hala has engaged Careem Networks FZ-LLC (“Careem
”) to make available the Careem Platform for the placing of bookings for and the completion of Hala Trips, the availability of the customer care centre and the carrying out of digital marketing activities. The data controller of all personal data collected on the Careem Platform is Careem. Where a User’s first booking is for a Hala car type (Dubai Taxi, RAKTA Taxi, van or People of Determination), then Hala is a controller of the Hala Trip Data (defined below).
When you book a Hala Trip on the Careem Platform, Hala will receive the following information (collectively “Hala Trip Data
”): (i) information that could be used to identify you directly such as full name, postal address or phone number) (“Personal Information
”); and (ii) demographic information that is not personal information in its own right but may constitute personally identifiable information when used in combination with other information. This may include, but is not limited to, postcode, hometown, gender, username, device information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, device location, IP address, SMS data, transaction information, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information) (“Demographic Information
” and, together with Personal Information are hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”).
Hala may also receive information from other sources and combine that with Personal Data we receive from you or collected through the Hala Services. For example:
- If you engage with a separate app or website that uses an API, we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app;
- If your employer uses one of our enterprise solutions, we may receive information about you from your employer;
- If you are a Captain that is employed by a partner transportation company with which we contract, the regulator of any such partner transportation company or one of its suppliers;
- When a Hala Trip has been completed, Users may provide us with a Captain rating and/or our Captains may provide us with a User rating;
- If you also interact with the Hala Services in another capacity, for instance as a Captain, we may combine or associate that information with Personal Data which has been collected from you in your capacity as a User or passenger.
- Use of Personal Data
The Personal Data which you provide to us or which is collected from you may be used to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Hala Services.
- Perform internal administration and operations.
- Send or facilitate communications.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you.
- Keep the Hala Services safe and secure.
- Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
To preserve the integrity of Hala’s databases, to carry out on-going Hala Services on your behalf, for research, analytics and statistics purposes and to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, Hala retains Personal Information and Demographic Information submitted by Users and Captains for a reasonable length of time. Hala is not responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide, and will modify or update your Personal Information in Hala’s databases upon your request. If required by law, we will erase or archive from active use your Personal Information.
- Sharing of Personal Data
Through the Hala Services
Your Personal Data may be shared:
- With Captains to enable them to provide the Hala Services you request.
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share your Personal Data, for example other apps or websites that integrate with the Hala Services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate.
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer, if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions.
- Other Important Sharing
Your Personal Data may also be shared:
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, to investigate potential breaches or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Hala or others, or if we believe that disclosure is permitted by, in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
- With third parties in an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Marketing and Opting Out
- Your Choices
From time to time, Hala may send you marketing communications. You have the option to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes and to remove it from Hala’s database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive the Hala Services.
- Security Precautions
Your profile created through the Careem Platform is password protected. Hala employees will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments and requests related to this Privacy Statement, or if you have any complaints related to how Hala processes your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com